202-ON-F Waste Management Training for HWIN Administrators and Practitioners
- Point Edward, ON
8:00 am to 4:30 pm
This waste management course includes extensive detailed instruction by a knowledgeable instructor with over thirty years of experience, real practical examples and hands on exercises.
This course was designed for Hazardous Waste Information Network (HWIN) Administrators and for personnel that manage waste at the facility.
The course will cover the following topics:
- An overview of TDG Act, Regulations, Exemptions
- An overview of Ontario’s Waste Regulation 347, Land Disposal restrictions and Interprovincial Movement of Hazardous Waste
- Waste Definitions Review
- Classification and exemptions of Subject Wastes
- Assigning a Hazardous Waste Number
- Waste Sampling Strategies & Analysis
- Waste Storage Requirements
- Selection of Waste Disposal Facility/ Waste Carrier
- Completion of a Waste Manifest
- What to do in the event of a Spill
- HWIN Administrator Responsibilities:
o Initial HWIN Registration
o Entering General Information
o Payment by Credit Card
o Adding a Waste Stream
o Administrative Issues & Charges
o Annual Registration Renewal
o Completing Forms 2A and 2B
- Competency test
Fee includes all handout materials and lunch. Please advise of any dietary restrictions.
Who should attend?
HWIN Administrators and Waste Management Practitioners and Environmental Managers.
Prerequisite: TDG and Reg. 347 knowledge i.e. LEHDER course codes 100-ON, 200-ON or equivalent.
202-ON Course Info Sheet (210 KB)