On Site Requirements
The following is a typical list of requirements requested by LEHDER in order to perform a Stack Sampling Program in a safe and efficient manner.
The responsibilities below are to be fulfilled by the client prior to conducting the field work.
Safe Access to Sample Site
- Ladders, stairs, scaffolding or man-lift to be provided by client.
- If fall restraint equipment is required, an anchor point (capable of holding 2270 kg) must be provided.
Sample Ports and Sampling Set-up ( Figure 1 )
- Sample ports must be present and accessible; ideal sampling sites will have the ports located at 8 diameters from the nearest downstream flow disturbance and 2 diameters from the nearest upstream flow disturbance (LEHDER can provide guidance on port location).
- Depending upon the site, eyebolts may be required approximately 2 meters above each port to support LEHDER sampling equipment.
- Two ports at 90° to each other on the same plane should be used for a round stack under 8 feet (2.5 m) in diameter. Four ports must be installed on stacks larger than 8 feet (2.5 m) in diameter.
- A minimum of 14 inches of clearance is needed below the port so the sampling equipment can clear any obstructions below.
- If the railing needs to be cut, a length of 18 inches from the center of the port is required to accommodate the width of the sample box. If railings need to be cut, a removable chain must be in place for safety precautions.
Site Specific Information
- The client must notify LEHDER of any site specific hazards.
- A minimum of two 120V 15A circuits within 30 m of the sample site or a 600 volt or 480 volt welding outlet for LEHDER’s portable transformer.
- A contact to liaise with LEHDER personnel during the program (to ensure process is operating at required levels, record process data, etc.).
Site Specific Safety Orientation
- The client must provide site specific safety information or notify LEHDER of the training required prior to arriving on site. This training should include emergency protocols, emergency numbers, evacuation procedures, alarm types, assembly points, location of eyewash stations and location of safety showers.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- The client must notify LEHDER of the PPE required at the sample sites.
Figure 1: Stack Sampling Equipment Set Up
For more detailed information in regards to site requirements, please contact:
Source Testing (44 KB)