The practice of Industrial Hygiene (IH) is devoted to the management of those environmental factors arising in or from the workplace that may cause sickness and impaired health and well-being among workers.
LEHDER specializes in workplace health hazard assessments that provide our clients with operational flexibility to protect the health and safety of workers.
LEHDER also provides Industrial & Occupational Hygiene support for Turnaround / Shut-down Projects.
Why is Industrial Hygiene Important?
The goals of Industrial Hygiene are to:
- Protect the health and well-being of the worker
- Minimize workplace health risks
- Prevent occupational injury and illness
- Manage future health risks
It is important to ensure the health and well-being of the worker is not compromised by the workplace.
LEHDER conducts the following Industrial Hygiene tasks:
- Review projects, designs and purchases to anticipate health hazards
- Evaluate work environments, processes and materials inventories to recognize potential health risks
- Assess human exposures to hazards through a combination of qualitative and quantitative methods to determine health risks, regulatory compliance and legal liabilities
- Recommend effective control measures to mitigate risks via engineering, administrative, or personnel protective methods
- Communicate risks and control measures to workers, management, clients, customers and/or communities
What is a CIH?
LEHDER employs American Board of Industrial Hygiene Certified Industrial Hygienists to manage IH projects. To help understand what CIH certification means or how this designation can benefit your IH projects, please view the following videos:
For more detailed information on industrial hygiene support, please contact: