Environmental Compliance Approval
In Ontario, most industrial facilities are required to have Environmental Compliance Approval (ECA) granted by the Ontario Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks (MECP) in order to operate. If a business’s activities impact the natural environment, an ECA is required to operate legally in Ontario.
Proactive facilities that invest in a compliance management plan will have greater success in maintaining compliance in addition to the economical benefit of saving time and money.
The ECA with Limited Operational Flexibility (ECA with LOF) is now the preferred Approval of the MECP. This approach is expected to reduce the delays encountered currently in gaining approvals and to improve Industry focus on maintaining compliance with O. Reg. 419/05.
The benefit of an ECA with LOF is that it allows companies the opportunity to make modifications to their facility without requiring an application for an amendment.
An ECA with LOF incorporates all air emission sources at a site, with several exceptions, into one ECA document.
LEHDER’s approach to Environmental Compliance Approval applications includes:
- Review of all existing ECAs, documents, applications, and source inventory
- Development of a strategic approach for the application to ensure operational flexibility
- Updating of the source and emission inventory for current and proposed plans
- Assisting clients in navigating acoustical (noise) assessment requirements
- Preparation of the complete application including Emission Summary and Dispersion Modeling (ESDM) Report
- Liaison and negotiation with MECP review engineers
For more detailed information on Environmental Compliance Approvals for your facility, please contact:
Environmental Compliance Approval (198 KB)