The following updates were made to the AMD website on December 16, 2016:
1. Chapter 9 draft reporting forms have been posted for stakeholder review. Please provide your feedback by March 3, 2017. The forms can be downloaded from the AMD Public Review webpage.
- Please try out the forms, enter data, etc. Please inform the Air Monitoring Directive - Feedback department if you run into any problems or if any form fields are unclear.
- The forms are all referenced in AMD Chapter 9 (clause references are provided on the top of each form).
- Comments from previous reviews as well as feedback from the Reporting Forms Task Team have been incorporated.
- Some forms have an example tab to provide additional details in regards to requirements.
- The forms are laid out and formatted how the final versions will be. This will be the final review for the reporting forms.
- You will notice that the Annual Emissions Inventory Report Form is not available. This form as well as the Annual Emissions Inventory Report Standard and Guidance Document are being drafted currently and will be posted for stakeholder review (planned for Spring-Summer 2017).
2. All nine AMD Chapters have been re-released. For most chapters, the only change is to the title page. Chapter 1 has had more substantial changes to it. No new requirements have been added.
- A reference to the 1989 AMD has been added to each chapter to make it clear that the 2016 version of the AMD is an amendment to the 1989 AMD. This mirrors the reference to the AMD in current industrial approvals. Approvals do not need to be amended at this time. Approval holders who are required to follow the AMD 1989, as amended, must now follow the 2016 AMD. Note that since Chapter 4 and Chapter 9 are not yet in effect, 1989 AMD and 2006 AMD requirements are still in effect in the interim.
- Each chapter has a section titled “Amendments” which lists any changes made to the chapter since it was released. Chapters 1 and 7 had amendments beyond the title page.
- The correlation table that was on the AMD website has now been moved within Chapter 1 as an appendix. This provides a reference between the 1989 AMD, 2006 amendment, and 2016 AMD to show the dates when new requirements take effect. It shows the progression of AMD amendments.
- A brief guidance document has been added to the AMD Toolbox webpage (under the Calibration heading), providing an example procedure for measuring flow during monthly multi-point calibration of ambient analyzers. A reference to this document has been added to AMD Chapter 7.
3. The AMD Feedback email address has changed. The new address is AMDFeedback@gov.ab.ca. Please use this new address to contact the department with questions and for submitting feedback and comments on the AMD. The AMD Chapters and website have been updated to reflect this change.
4. The AMD FAQs webpage has been updated. This is a helpful resource if you have questions or if you’d like a broad overview of the AMD revision.
AEP continues to work on:
- The Annual Emissions Inventory Report Form and the Annual Emissions Inventory Report Standard and Guidance Document. The email distribution list will be used to notify stakeholders when these are posted for review - you can be added to the distribution list here: http://aep.alberta.ca/air/legislation/air-monitoring-directive/air-monitoring-directive-mailing-list.aspx.
- Ambient data submission guidance documents (for real-time ambient data submission and monthly submission to the Ambient Air Quality Data Warehouse). These will be posted for stakeholder review.
- Sample monthly and annual reports to be used for reference. These will be posted to the AMD Toolbox website once complete.
For more information in regards to the Alberta Air Monitoring Directive, please contact Mike Denomme.