LEHDER's constant mandate, since the company's inception, is to support the communities we live and work in. This page provides information into the causes LEHDER proudly supports. Feel free to peruse the quick links, or view the full page, below.
Sarnia's 37th Annual Christmas Parade - Santa's Sleigh Fundraiser
Santa Needs a New Sleigh!
LEHDER has joined forces with Santa Claus and the Sarnia Kinsmen to help build Santa a new sleigh for the Sarnia Santa Claus parade. There are multiple sponsorship opportunities available, a copy of the sponsorship document is located below. Please view the short presentation in regards to the plans for Santa's new sleigh and an overview of the sponsorship opportunities available.
If you are interested in supporting this cause, please download and complete the following document.
Completed sponsorship documents can be mailed to the Kinsmen Club of Sarnia at P.O. Box 861, Sarnia ON, N7T 7J9. For more information, please contact:
Ace Concordia (Project Chair)
email@example.com or (519) 464-7773
Rachel Jones, LEHDER
firstname.lastname@example.org or (519) 336-4101 ext. 285
Thank you in advance for your support!
CANstruction - The Inn of the Good Shepherd
CANstruction 2015 - Hunger Stings
In March 2015, LEHDER participated in Sarnia's Inn of the Good Shepherd's CANstruction event at Lambton Mall for the first time. The event was extremely successful, with Sarnia placing 2nd in the world (1st in Canada) for the amount of food and money raised and 18th in the world (2nd in Canada) for the weight of food raised. More importantly, CANstruction 2015 Sarnia-Lambton raised 39,131 lbs of food and $32, 408 in funds for The Inn!
Team 'Bee a Leader' spent months planning and pre-building our 'Hunger Stings' structure; a 6' honey bee and statement wall using just under 3200 cans. Build day was a fantastic experience for the team, especially with the community interaction as the bee and wall took shape. The team was honoured to receive an award for their inaugural build, taking home the coveted prize of Judges' Favourite.
CANstruction 2016 - The Leaning Tower of Pizza
LEHDER's second structure for The Inn of the Good Shepherd's Annual CANstruction event was titled 'The Leaning Tower of Pizza'. This was the first event where a theme was provided - the 2016 theme was 'World Famous Landmarks'. LEHDER excelled at the challenge of creating the Leaning Tower of "Pizza", much to the worry of passing community members! We were humbled at receiving two awards this year, for 'Best Use of Theme' and 'Best Meal'. The event in 2016 raised $17149.88 in funds and 31639 lbs of food for the Inn!
CANstruction 2017 - Can-oe Help?
The theme for CANstruction 2017 was in honour of our country's birthday - 'Celebrating Canada's 150th'. It was hard to determine what aspect of Canada we wanted to build so we decided on a little Canadiana which references a broad section of our wonderful country. Our structure for 2017 was titled 'Can-oe Help?' and incorporated elements of our coastlines, Fist Nations heritage and a favourite Canadian past time!
Sarnia Minor Athletic Association
For the last twenty years LEHDER has provided financial support to Sarnia Minor Athletic Association baseball, hockey, girls fastball and other sports in the form of team sponsorship, awards, prizes, coaching clinics, etc. Also several members of the LEHDER staff have volunteered as coaches, managers, conveners and chairman within the SMAA organization.
Community Support 2015-2016
LEHDER is proud to have supported the following organizations in 2015-2016:
- Army, Navy and Air Force Veterans in Canada (ANAVETS)
- Artwalk Sarnia
- Bluewater Anglers
- Bluewater Gymnastics
- Bluewater Health
- Breast Cancer Society of Canada
- Capstone Engineering Design Competition - Western Sarnia-Lambton Research Park
- Child Identification Association
- Dante Club Sports Committee
- Enniskillen Express Novice Girls' Baseball
- Festival of Good Things
- Girl Guides of Canada
- Heart & Stroke Foundation of Canada
- Huron House Boys' Home - Fun Squad Volunteers for Father's Day Run/Walk/Skate/Bike
- Lambton College
- Lambton Public Health - School Nutrition Program
- Lambton Shores Lightning Girls Baseball
- Mother's Against Drunk Driving (MADD)
- Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada
- Pathways Health Centre for Children
- Plympton-Wyoming Tri-Club Tractor Pull Committee
- Rebound Sarnia Lambton
- Royal Canadian Army Cadet Corps. - Sea Cadets
- Royal Canadian Legion
- Sarnia Greekfest
- Sarnia Hockey Association - PeeWee & Bantam
- Sarnia Lambton Chamber of Commerce - Outstanding Business Achievement Awards - Social Profit of the Year Sponsorship
- Sarnia Minor Athletic Association - Boys Bantam & Rangers
- Sarnia Minor Athletic Association - Girls Fastball
- Sarnia Organ Donor Awareness
- Sarnia Saints Rugby Football Club
- Sarnia Sting - Lambton Jr. Sting Major PeeWee A/AA Hockey Team
- Sudbury Manitoulin Children's Foundation
- The Inn of the Good Shepherd
- Theatre Sarnia
- Threads of Life
- Victorian Order of Nurses (VON)
LEHDER is a member of SLIA, the Sarnia Lambton Industrial Alliance which is a cluster of progressive manufacturers, machine shops, engineering and environmental service companies located in South Western Ontario Canada. LEHDER Principal, Marnie Freer, is serving as a Director of SLIA in 2017.