Too Much Data?
Industrial facilities are faced with the challenge of continually collecting, storing, managing and evaluating an immense amount of environmental data. Typical data management problems experienced include unintegrated, duplicated, or compartmentalized data.
Without an effective Data Management System (DMS), Environmental Health and Safety Managers often encounter the following problems:
- Not getting enough value out of their data
- Spending more time organizing and finding data than analyzing it
- Inordinate length of time required to reinterpret a data set after new data is collected
- No comprehensive synopsis of site conditions
In simpler terms: Too much DATA but not enough INFORMATION
Considering a Data Management System?
LEHDER has found EHS Managers typically require a DMS when:
- A site has many data sources such as stacks, monitoring wells, Industrial Hygiene surveys
- Multiple sites allowing for standardization of report formats, calculations, emission factors
- Long term monitoring programs such as groundwater or Industrial Hygiene
- Annual reporting requirements such as NPRI or TRI
- Source and Emission Inventories
LEHDER's Environmental Information Management Service (LEIMS), can assist facility personnel in managing their facility's data to turn it into effective information.
The LEIMS Solution creates a consolidated custom DMS which is easy to maintain and update.
The LEIMS Solution provides:
- A comprehensive review of all existing ECAs, documentation, applications and source inventory
- The ability to extract data from your current storage system into LEIMS
- The capacity to design custom data queries, reports and graphical outputs
For more detailed information on LEIMS, please contact: